Frances Largeman- Roth has a great recipe for smokey oven baked potato chips. They are much lighter than store bought chips, because they are baked instead of fried, and smoked paprika gives them a great flavor.
2 russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt,divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Using a mandolin slicer or sharp knife, slice
potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Pat dry on
layers of paper towels to absorb as much
moisture as possible.
3. Toss potato slices with oil in a large bowl, then
toss with smoked paprika 1/2 teaspoon salt, and
pepper; arrange in a single layer on baking sheets.
4. Bake until browned and potato edges lift
slightly from baking sheets 2-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4
5. Cool completely and store in an airtight
container for up to 1 day.
Photo and recipe from http://www.franceslargemanroth.com/smoky-oven-baked-potato-chips