Just in time for the biggest game of the year, we have Aaron McCargo Jr.'s chipotle chicken wings for you. The recipe is simple, but the payoff is full of bold flavor. Increase the amounts if you're having a big party, they'll go fast!
· 1 pound fresh jumbo chicken wings cut in pieces, or 20 individual pieces
· Oil for greasing sheet tray
· 1½ tablespoons diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
· ¼ cup honey
· ¼ cup unsalted butter (slightly melted)
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. Place the pre-cut wings on a large greased non-stick sheet tray.
3. Bake for 18-20 minutes, turning half-way through the cooking time, or until crisp on the outside and reaching an internal temperature of 165° F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and combine with a rubber spatula, until well-mixed.
5. Remove the wings from the oven and toss in the sauce until evenly coated. Transfer to a large platter and serve.
*Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are available in cans in the Latino/Mexian ethnic food isle of most grocery stores.
Original recipe here.