Jet Tila shared his recipe for Thai Beef Salad on The Talk recently. We can't wait to make it!
2 Lbs. Thai grilled beef (see recipe)
2 Tbsp. Peanut Oil
3 ea Garlic Cloves, minced
1 ea Lemongrass, very thinly sliced
3 ea. Kaffir Lime Leaves, very thinly sliced
1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Cup Mint leaves
1/2 Cup Lime juice
1/2 Cup Fish sauce
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 ea. English cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
2 ea. Green onions, chopped
6 Cups Mixed salad greens
2 lbs. Beef Flank Steak
2 oz. Garlic, minced
2 oz. Cilantro Stems, minced
1 Tsp. White pepper
2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
1 1/2 oz. Thin Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Sugar
Directions for Beef Marinade:
1. Combine all ingredients
2. Cover beef with marinade for about 2 hours.
1. Marinade beef according to recipe.
2. To prepare dressing, heat a medium skillet and add oil. Sweat garlic, lemongrass, and kaffir lime for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant and slightly translucent. Remove from heat and stir in onion, mint leaves, limejuice, fish sauce, and palm sugar. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Grill beef to desired done-ness and slice against the grain into thin strips.
4. Toss greens and cucumbers with ½ of the dressing and arrange on a large plate. Place the grilled beef on top of the salad and garnish with green onions. Drizzle remaining dressing on top of the salad. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.